Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finally.....

Over the past few weeks Chrissy and I have been trying to work with Ella on learning how to color. Much of this effort on my part was to hopefully see that she obtained my artistic gene....(I realize that this is a crazy thought.....I know she is only 17 month old). For Chrissy, this skill was seen more through the lense of education.... trying to build Ella's fine motor skills.
We have tried it all....we have the large crayons.... we have the large animal sized markers.... we have the disappearing water pencil....... nothing seemed to work. If anything Ella just wasn't into it. Then last week Chrissy picked up Ella from childcare during women's Bible study... and what did she find? Ella sitting at the minature table coloring the above picture.
Ella now loves to color. As I left home this morning she was sitting at her little table coloring a picture of a hippo.
Chrissy and I are thrilled with this small but new accomplishment. I have a feeling that we are going to be like those parents who have simple coloring sheets posted everywhere.

2 comments:

The Brannan's said...

Love the new pictures! Ella is so cute! We can't wait to see little Hudson!!! Hope y'all are doing well. Chrissy, you look great!!!!

Christie Ingram said...

Thank you for posting all of the pictures! Ella is so adorable and Chrissy, you look great as usual (even at 9 months pregnant!) Keep us posted on Hudson and his arrival. Can't wait to see him! We miss you guys and hope to hear from you soon!

Love,
The Ingrams