Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ella's Nest

Well... it has been 12 months and I can finally say that Ella's room has a mural installed. One of our major sad points of leaving ATL was the loss of Ella's nursery. We loved her nursery in ATL! So, we move to Birmingham.. and I have all intentions of doing a mural for Ella right away. As one should guess... that doesn't happen. We find a new surprise on the way... Hudson! Hudson gave me yet another new project.. his nursery... which pushes Ella's room to the end of the list. Now.... I can actually say that Ella's room is complete! Ella loves birds. We found some awesome bird bedding from Potterybarn Kids. For inspiration I took the birds from the bedding and drew them in various forms on the walls. One of the major restrictions in doing the room was the collage of pictures that were hanging over Ella's bed. I decided to create a tree for the pictures to hang upon. I then took some of the bird forms and drew them in a way that looked as if the birds were delivering the pictures to the tree. So, there are birds flying around the room with pictures waiting to be delivered. Needless to say.. Ella loves the room. She now has her own little "nest".

Ella's pet bird.
Part of the bedding that was used for inspiration
One of the birds that are delivering the pictures









10 comments:

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

Ella's room is amazing!! Must be nice to have an artist in the family:)

Jennifer Giadrosich said...

Derrick, you make me sick! Literally, I get nauseated at your talent. I've really got to take it up with God, because I just don't think it's fair that you can do that...and I can't. I can't even color good. It's just too awesome, to stinking cute. NOT FAIR!!!

Staci said...

Well, you have outdone yourself once again! It is spectacular!!

Noah's mommy said...

It is BEAUTIFUL, as your work always is. And your family is beautiful too! I can't believe how much Hudson has grown. I hope you guys will be in ATL again soon so you can meet Jacob!

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

It is gorgeous!! Beautiful rooms for those beautiful babies.

Anonymous said...

awesome! love the finished product. Ella deserves only the best!
you're so coming to our new place for ava's room. :-)
-becky

Bethany Edgeworth said...

Love it! Derrick, you are so talented. Miss you guys!

Jenn said...

Derek... Ella's room is gorgeous!!!

renee9268 said...

Wow....beautiful!! I can't even draw a good stickman!!! :( My artistic talent stops when it's not color-by-number. :)

I heard awhile back about Hudson's room but haven't seen it. Do you have any links to it?

Kat said...

That is THE CUTEST ROOM EVER!!!!!